Lunes, Agosto 22, 2011

Week 1: What i learned from life, I learned from this half semester

Walls of Learning



Purple walls. My mom suggested our living area to be a combination of light and dark shades of purple. It has been her favorite since then. A playground, a study area, a recreational area, and a welcome area are just some of the roles it portrays. Most importantly, it is the home of teaching and learning values. What values I have now, I learned it by nature and by nurture.

            Love, trust and close-relationship. These are the three keys that make a home healthy. They grow together as they develop imitate relationship, shares point of views, and establish spiritual food intake as one.

In my own family, we give time for ‘precious moments’. Whenever we have a complete attendance in our house here comes our never-ending stories. We see to it that we will be not interrupted by not so important things such as our television (always turned-off), and by other gadgets. Also, we have this family worship, we not only study the word of God but also we try to apply the practical wisdom in our everyday lives. What I have learned from this family routine is that we (each remember of the family) tend to value more its importance and everyone will grow as a responsible and a well-mannered being. The lesson: Family + Love + Trust + God = A healthy home.

White Walls. “Adjustment”, is what I have been struggling in the first few weeks as a Multimedia arts student. Little by little, I completely overcome the A word.

Pressures. As an irregular student and as of my own experience it is really hard to be one. I regularly have to be updated on the latest announcements of my professors in other subjects. Whether if we have a quiz on the same day when it was announced, and they all have the handouts while I don’t have any. But I do can survive with the help of Ms. Lyka (CAS Dean’s Secretary), no matter how busy she is, I would always ask her where can I find this section and this professor. Then after finding them, I always try to have the guts to ask them if there are some announcements made, etc.

Being ‘ate Janelli’. Honestly, being a single-parent alone is quite difficult. I have to budget my time first with my priorities God and Family then schooling. Sometimes my group mates in other subjects gives all of the responsibilities to me and I can’t do nothing because I want to get higher grades and I would just do it by myself including the expenses, I waited for them to just say “Thank you” but they did not. One thing I realize is that in reality I didn’t help them to strive hard in studying because I have spoiled them.

Deadlines. During my high school days, I always have an incomplete requirement for a subject. And that’s why now as a college student I make it to a point that from the day it was given to us, I already started working for it. Which has been a big advantage because as I work for many deadlines. Doing it in advance lessen my worry and saves up time.

Life as an MMA student. Since I love arts in the first place, I really enjoyed this course. I didn’t regret shifting. I love learning every details and everything that is connected in my course. Everything I learn, I try to cultivate it and use it for my everyday life. This is where I truly belong, people who have passion for arts as we share same interests.

Time management. I study for a maximum of two hours per subject finish or not finish, so I won’t be cramming for the other subject. If I can’t make it this day, I would wake up early to finish it. Also, I have a journal notebook where I have a list of to-do’s everyday. And I number it in accordance of prioritization. In this way, I know what to do first and what to do later. But the most important thing in time management is not to waste time more than of your time in leisure. I only watch television when news is airing; I only use the computer for school purposes, I only text people if it is an important matter. But I do give a treat for myself but I always keep in mind that I won’t regret any and it will not be a burden for my deadlines. The lesson: College is Hardwork and Time Management.

The other white wall. Among the other walls, this is what I fear. This year 2011, my immune system has gone bad. It was Sunday (July 24, 2011) I was bitten by a mosquito carrier of deadly dengue virus. When I was still in the hospital (August 1-5), I and my family learned a lot of lessons in life like the importance of health card, helping me to cope up to stress, having a balanced diet and many more. After 2 days of rest, I return to school. I learned that I have many activities to finish to since I haven’t fully recover yet from my sickness I always end up sick during nights. My white blood cells aren’t in normal number that’s why I don’t have much antibodies to sickness. (August 18-22), I was confined again with a diagnosis of Systemic Viral Infection, German Measles and Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. Since my body can’t fight back the doctor advised me to rest for 5 days and that it is a contagious disease, I have to be considerate for others.

            But here’s the story before everything, before ending up in the other white wall building. I pressure myself a lot before. I can’t help but to think of my deadline assignments. Blessed me that I’m still normal. Kidding! But this is all true. I find eating and sleeping as burdens in my deadlines. I would always eat two ensymada for breakfast and dinner, while in school during lunchtime it is the only time I eat rice but if there are many requirements to meet for that day, I just take a snack while doing it. But now I learned how to cope up with my problem, whenever I’m stressed out in the middle of doing anything, I take a snack, sing a bit and warm up a bit. I give myself a time to time break. And by this, I enjoyed life more and valued it more. College is Life yet Health is Life. The lesson: Always prioritize health.

Multicolored Walls. Every student dreams to be the best in their own fields. Being the best in the future is not only about being good in academic but also having good public relations and by building self-confidence. A brighter future is at hand if we will not forget who we are and where we came from. Keep in mind that the best and precious things in the world are unseen. The lesson: Don’t forget to look back; Love your chosen career and enjoy.

Walls of all walls. In everything we do, we should never forget the loving-kindness of our Creator. Every blessing that we have little or big are all coming from Him. We should give thanks to Him because anytime, anywhere He listens. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who have prayed and supported me. This is really a hard time for me, but with the help of my family and friends, I’m a survivor! They have been my source of strength. Two months have passed, indeed a short time but many things had happened but what is important in every certain situations is when we learn from it. The lessons make us the best of what we can be. Our foundation will be stronger. Lesson: YOU + GOD + FAMILY + VALUES = SUCCESS

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento