Linggo, Hunyo 19, 2011

A school like home ^^,



        One’s future looks bright. In a manner that life’s expedition goes forth we should invest a really good thinking before ending up with verdict. Hence, a decision that won’t cause bitterness and decisions that visualizes reputable outcomes.

         Back then, I happen to rush things without first envisioning the feasible aftermaths. And that is why at this time when decision making takes place I make it to a point that I already embraced the right one.

        One of the dominant decisions that you will make is choosing your own career. The career brand will affect your life in multiple manners. By constituting wise decisions regarding your career, you can help yourself cast the life you thirst and crave for.

       “A university that will suit me?” That was the first thing I ever asked myself when I received my diploma after passing the October 2008 A&E test examination, an out-of-school youth program of DepEd. Contrary with everybody, I was not able to finish my Secondary on the grounds of health reason. And only after a year, it was the time I had a chance to go back schooling. So for preparation I took entrance exams in different colleges and universities and examine over and over where would I really want to go? Here is my checklist of reasons in which I relied onto:

____ (1) School’s quality and standards. Since college is the aisle to a fruitful future the first and foremost thing to think about is the “QS: Quality and Standards.” It includes the modernity and completeness of the facilities.

____ (2) Tuition fee. The price must be reasonable and worth to pay. 

____ (3) Courses offered. It should have at least (2) two courses that I like. 1. Art-related courses. 2. Computer-related courses.

____ (4) A promising Curriculum. I make it a habit of comparing every curriculum of different schools. A promising curriculum is one the factors that attracts me a lot to enroll in an institution.

____ (5) Professionalism of the Staffs’. The people around the institution must be approachable and has empathy on students. They must be qualified for their respective positions.

____ (6) Transportation expenses. Transportation fares should not eat up all of my budgeted allowance. I must save up more, than spending.


       So on after, I got acquainted to Lyceum of the Philippines-Laguna wherein my cousin is a freshman.

   She gave positive evaluations to the institution along with advices concerning to the variety of courses that it offer. After taking a serious good look on the brochures of LPU-L, the Engineering courses grasped my attention. Forasmuch as I love those Intelligent Digital Machines or the so-called “computers”, I decisively chose Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCpE) last 2009.



                                                   My Baby James' favorite spot: The Koi pond.

        Honestly, I got mesmerized by the school itself. The facilities and rooms are fully equipped with what a student would need. The rooms are fully air-conditioned. The Buildings are engineered well. The implementation of the JEP Policy. The Scholarship Grants. Plus the bonus “lift” that you won’t want to miss. No doubt that even though it was a young school it’s already ISO 9001:2000 certified and some courses are PAASCU Accredited.

                                   I only spend Twenty eight (28) pesos a day for a back and forth trip. 

       Also, Lyceum has a good location because it is near from many commercial buildings.

         After a long stay, I can proudly say that the Professors and Instructors here are fully knowledgeable with their fields, and exercises professionalism. Also, the Deans are very down to earth yet professionals. Indeed, a perfect set of faculty and staffs.

      After three semesters I decided to shift into another course but still choosing to stay in Lyceum. Why choose Lyceum again? Because it never disappointed me in any way. Amazed me? Over and over, Yes! 

      And it was year 2010 when Lyceum offered one of the new courses Bachelor of Science in Multi-media Arts (AB MMA) under the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). The curriculum provoked me to make a huge decision, leaving my loyalty to the whole Engineering clan. I did not in any way abandon Engineering; I will always be, at heart. Also, I would always love and dream to be one of the successful Engineers in the near future but the demands and opportunities of the Multi-Media industry has increased. This is the foremost reason why my loved ones advised me to grab the opportunity and enroll in the course.


                                    Year 2011 I’m a certified AB MMA student!


The promising curriculum of AB Multi-Media Arts in
Lyceum of the Philippines University-Laguna

        First day as a MMA student. I knew in the first place that it would do satisfy me. The first meeting with my new Professors and comrades was a blast! The subjects are absolutely enjoyable.I can’t wait until year 2014 and become a Multi-Media Arts degree holder. Not to mention my dream someday to be called an alumna of “Lyceum of the Philippines-Laguna.”




2 komento:

  1. great job. . e2 pla ang pinagpuyatan. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. I really enjoyed reading your entry. It was informative and entertaining as well. Good job!

    TumugonBurahin